2022年11月27日 星期日

Multiboot USB experiment

After installed MS Windows 11 onto an incompatible PC, I packed the files in the installer USB back into an ISO. I wanted to test whether the ISO will work to install MS Windows if I put it onto another USB. At the same time, I had collected some ISOs of rescue disks and tool disks. So, I wanted to try them in a multi boot USB.

At first, I tried multibootusb, and it did not work, even did not boot up from it. It may be that I did not have a good knowledge of how to use it. So, teacher Google came to play. After reading some articles from Google, I wanted to try Ventoy.   

In the official site of Ventoy, I found that it was related to the Deepin team and the Wuyou forum, it gave me confidence that it would work. I downloaded both the Linux and Windows versions and started my trial with the Windows version. After I installed Ventoy into a 32GB USB stick, I pulled the modified Windows 10 installer ISO, the Active@Boot disk ISO, the USBox ISO and the Clonzilla ISO onto the USB stick.

The experiment began with booting up the USB stick and install Windows 11 onto a blank SSD disk. It worked, but during the installation process some flashing of screen occurred and the installation was successful.

Next, booting up the USB stick and playing with Active@Boot disk. It also worked. I did not test the USBox ISO and Clonezilla ISO as I supposed it would work. 

My experiment was completed successfully.

The IT world changed a lot after my retirement and I have to do a lot to catch up in order to  kept my brain healthy. Use it or lose it.

沒有留言:

張貼留言